Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dennis is so good to me!

He handed me a note around 130pm on Saturday afternoon that said "I am whisking you away. Mom will be here at 3pm to pick up the kids and we need to be packed and ready to go by 4pm." We got the kids ready to go and out the door with Grandma and got ourselves packed up but, missed our 4pm deadline by about 20 minutes. In the car, he gave me another note: "Dinner has been pushed back to 7pm. You have a 5pm appointment at the Vesario Spa for a 50 minute massage." Needless to say, I was already excited to have a night without the kids and let alone packing up to go somewhere, but this was over the top. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure where this spa was. As we got off at Pearl Street in GR, Dennis pointed over to the newest, and might be the nicest, hotels in the area and said that was where we were staying. How absolutely wonderful! The massage was very relaxing and nice. We went to dinner afterwards at Leo's, where I wanted to go, and just plain stuffed ourselves.  We ended up vegging out in front of the TV in our room afterwards because we were just so full. Our room was just beautiful, on the 15th floor, overlooking the river. What a wonderful surprise!!! It was nice to have an evening away without the kids.
 
We celebrated last night by dinner out with the kids and cake at home, which the kids thought was just fantastic. Seth actually scraped off all his frosting from his piece and ate that first, before diving into the cake.
 
Quite possibly the best part of my day was the phone call I received at 8am from the kids, where they both wished me happy birthday and then both proceeded to sing. It was just adorable!!! 

No comments: